Preparing for a service
To get the best value of our Pest Control or termite inspection service, it is important the customer should be able to provide access for our technicians to effectively perform the job. If you’re at the property when our Pest-Ex technician arrives it is extremely important to explain your Pest Control problem. This includes what pests are you seeing, and where.
The information below explains how you can prepare the area before our Pest Control Service visit.
Pest control – cockroach, ant and spider service
- Housekeeping like sweeping, moping and vacuuming is to be done before the booked pest control treatment date.
- Store food items away from bench tops and table tops
- Clear floor areas from any clutter and toys
- Pesticides/Insecticides used have low mammalian toxicity and will have no odor.
- You can be at home during a Pest Control Service, in some cases we may ask you to sit outside while we are treating internally depending on what service is being done on pests.
- Are you pregnant? Have health issues? Or suffer from respiratory issues? As a precautionary measure it is recommended to vacate the area for a minimum of 4 hours after pest control treatment is done. This applies especially to young children who are at crawling stage and babies.
- Close all doors and windows before and after treatment until the treatment has dried.
- Pest-Ex technicians are well trained to perform the service specifically suited for your home. Treatment is based on the type of pest found and the extent of infestation levels.
- We use the lowest mammalian toxicity of insecticides in most our internal sprays.
- Empty any pet water bowls externally & refill after service.
Termite inspection or termite treatment service
If you have booked a termite inspection service with us it is important we access as many areas as possible on the internal/external walls.
Termite treatments are completed on the external of the home and usually are a termite baiting system or termite barrier treatment, we wont need internal access for these treatments however its important we can access the external wall edge areas of the home, so any stored goods, bikes or surfboards are to be removed before treatment.
If you need any further information please call us or our technician can happily discuss your questions on arrival.
Got a Pest Problem? Contact Us Today